Is there a part missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a part missing?

This has been bothering me for a few days, there appears to be a part missing from the engine. The car ('09) runs great and the check engine light hasn't came on, but it is really strange. I have included a few pictures. Sorry for the grainy photos, its from a crappy cell phone (can't find my digital camera).
    Attached Files

Re: Is there a part missing?

where is this located and on what engine? and what year?

Comment

WOW---the EGR is MISSING . Oh, sorry you don't get one on the GX (don't need one either) Look on a Gasoline Civic and you will see the EGR servo mounted where the flat plate is on the top of the casting. Be happy you don't have one of these.

Comment

A little more detail. EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) has been used for years in gasoline and diesel engines to reduce NOX emissions. GNC is very low in NOX without the need for post treatment. A metered amount of exhaust gas is returned to the engine intake to reburn and reduce NOX in the exhaust stream. Not the best way to treat the intake system. The large hole with the two smaller bolt holes is where the exhaust pipe would enter the EGR. Because there is no servo (the control valve for the EGR) the flat plate directly above the open hole seals the intake system from the hole--nothing can enter. I know it looks goofy but that's the way Honda engineered it.

Comment

Thanks for the response. It definitely looks weird.

Comment

Being a "GAS" engine instead of running on petroleum I see the engine doesn't have an evap system ( charcoal canister, fuel return line etc.) either. What else is not needed?

Comment

Working...
            X