Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Code P0302 2008 with low power- What to try first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code P0302 2008 with low power- What to try first?

This car was my first CNG and we were holding on to it expecting my daughter to be commuting to school last year. It has not been driven much; had to charge the battery a few times. It had that sudden drop in fuel indicator more than a year ago that was fixed with disconnecting the battery. A few weeks ago my husband drove it on the freeway and noticed there was a loss of power. He left the car at my mom's where my daughter is currently zooming college classes. Took the car to AutoZone and the recommendation is to replace ignition coils and spark plugs. She tried to drive it last week and couldn't get it to go over 10 mph. Reading through here I have seen some say spark plugs have never needed to be changed. What is the consensus? Ignition coil first? Which one would be best, please?

Faulty ignition coils are far more likely to be the cause of misfires than bad spark plugs, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to change the old spark plugs if for no other reason than to make sure that they are not stuck from carbon buildup on the threads. Adjusting the valve lash can also make a big difference in performance.
    Last edited by hypermilinggx; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

30520-RNA-A01. Is this the right part number for the ignition coil?

Comment

Originally posted by gardenfairy View Post
        30520-RNA-A01. Is this the right part number for the ignition coil?
        Yes, that is the correct part number for the ignition coil. If you have a bad ignition coil, keep in mind that they are all probably the same age - 13 years old. Probably best to change all four. Kinda like changing one burned out headlight and less than a week later the other one burns out. Best to change both at the same time. Adjust the valve lash, too. It's a very simple procedure and can make a big difference in performance.
        Last edited by hypermilinggx; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
      X