Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1175 and P0606 (fuel level sensor and PCM codes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1175 and P0606 (fuel level sensor and PCM codes)

I've replaced the PCM twice (programmed twice to immobilizer and keys), so i know it's not the PCM causing this issue. Whenever i replace a PCM and program it, the car runs great for the first drive cycle (whether it's 5 miles or 20 miles)... then the following day i would leave my home and within ten houses later i would get a clonk on 2nd gear as if it's a hard disengagement from transmission and the check engine light comes on... then the RPM's lock themselves at 1500 RPM. car eventually cruises at 10mph. the electronic gas pedal does not respond at all when this happens.

once i park, turn off engine, turn on engine... i can accelerate normal (with or without clearing check engine light) until it does it again.

i have 2 codes: P0606 PCM self diagnostic cycle failed and B1175 permanent DTC/fuel level sensor (fuel gauge sending unit) circuit malfunction.

please help and provide wiring/picture information as i'm lost when it comes to cng fuel system and accesibility.

Hello and welcome to the forum. As with any vehicle issue is it best to provide as much detail as possible. Year/Make/Model(assuming Honda Civic GX based on forum category and you being on a CNG forum)/other details if there are options (engine/transmission/options)? So here are my assumptions so far - 1998-2015 Honda Civic GX (Note: You did not provide year). Now a bunch of questions to determine the root cause:

1. What was the original problem prior to replacing the ECM? Was it the same as you are seeing today (fine for the first drive cycle and problem with power and performance later)?

2. Were the trouble code observed initially (original ECM) the same as observed after replacement?

3. Did you replace the ECM with the same part number (from a Civic GX or new for vehicle)?

4. Do the DTCs (codes) occur together or independently?

5. When you say "once i park, turn off engine, turn on engine... i can accelerate normal (with or without clearing check engine light) until it does it again" this seems to contradict your earlier statement that "then the following day i would leave my home and within ten houses later i would get a clonk on 2nd gear as if it's a hard disengagement from transmission and the check engine light comes on." Can you clarify why turning off your engine versus versus leaving it overnight (assuming with the engine off) has different behavior.

The P0606 code is not specific and could be caused by a multitude of things. The code B1175 is more specific and is generally a wiring or sensor issue but I'm not sure it would cause the behavior you detailed above. I think questions 1 &2 above getting answered could help isolate root cause. I would first like to make sure you have the correct ECM and not some ECM from a gasoline Civic. This should be verified. After that I would I would look at the fuel pressures and temperatures using your scanner. For the Honda Civic GX there will be Tank pressure and temperature as well as fuel rail pressure and temperature. What are these values?

Regarding "wiring/picture" information, what schematics do you think you need? If unsure it might be best to buy the Service Manual and GX Service Manual Supplement covering your vehicle year . If you are going to work on your own vehicle these are a must when dealing with complex problems. I'm sure they are much cheaper than the ECM you purchased.

The issues you are reporting seem very unique and I'm not aware of them being discussed on this forum before. That does not mean they are not possible just not a lot of observations. Have you also tried some of Civic forums, because these issues may or may not be unique to a Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV).

Other comments - also assuming you do not have the CVT transmission since you discuss a "clonk on 2nd gear." CVT does not have a 2nd gear. I'm a little confused about the "electronic gas pedal" you are referring to. I've owned 1998-2008 Honda Civic GXs and I do not believe any of them had an electronic gas pedal but maybe later models had them.

Good luck to ya.

Comment

Working...
    X