Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heeaar21
    replied
    Well took the car for a drive and it does it in park as well as a any other drive mode and it does it with or without the ac on all though it is slightly worse of a "shudder" when the ac is blowing.

Leave a comment:

• Heeaar21
    replied
    Thanks guys, I gotta look into it and get back to yall

Leave a comment:

• gxuser
    replied
    When I had idling issue like yours, it did it in Drive. My mechanic replaced all the coils and that fixed the problem. This may worth a try.

Leave a comment:

• Lakewood90712
    replied
    Originally posted by siai47 View Post
    I think you are correct about the A/C. There is some sort of module in the car that had something to do with the A/C and/or the alternator output. It would adjust the idle speed as required. You are challenging my memory but I had the same problem on a 2006 GX years ago. It was fixed by replacing that module whatever it was. So, if turning off idle loads (like the A/C) corrects the problem, time to see the dealer for a diagnosis.
    The component is called an " Idle stabilizing amplifier " if I racall correctly. it plugs into a relay socket , and is rediculusly expensive. As siai says, proper diagnosis, dont throw parts at it.

Leave a comment:

• siai47
    replied
    I think you are correct about the A/C. There is some sort of module in the car that had something to do with the A/C and/or the alternator output. It would adjust the idle speed as required. You are challenging my memory but I had the same problem on a 2006 GX years ago. It was fixed by replacing that module whatever it was. So, if turning off idle loads (like the A/C) corrects the problem, time to see the dealer for a diagnosis.

Leave a comment:

• 300mileclub
    replied
    Turn off the A/C

Leave a comment:

• Heeaar21
    started a topic 2006 Civic gx irratic idle

2006 Civic gx irratic idle

My 2006 honda gx has been having odd issues lately, it will idle fine all the time in drive and have no issues but then randomly (ever 30ish seconds) in park the engine willight idle down and shake the car and the idle back up to normal and it will keep doing this. Any ideas on fixes? It has newer ngk iridium plugs with probably 2500 miles on it. The cars at 175k
Working...
X