Small Gas Leak on 2008 GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Gas Leak on 2008 GX

My wife has been telling me that the light comes on much faster now. So this morning, I took the car and filled it up. 3.6 gge for only 42 miles. I asked her when she re-set it and she thought maybe 10 mins after filling up. I always rest the counter at each refil.

That being said, it looks like we have a small gas leak with the car. Even with an additional 10 miles, that puts us at 14 m/gge.

Has anyone else seen this type of problem? I am going to drive it over the next few days and see if it stays low.

Re: Small Gas Leak on 2008 GX

A 2008 should be under warranty, I would not wait and see- I would get it in and get it checked properly just to make sure. There should not be any leaks, but remember if its getting warmer where you live, you are going to have less fuel, more pressure drop as the weather warms up after fueling.
    Dave Clement

Comment

Originally posted by cnielsen View Post
      My wife has been telling me that the light comes on much faster now. So this morning, I took the car and filled it up. 3.6 gge for only 42 miles. I asked her when she re-set it and she thought maybe 10 mins after filling up. I always rest the counter at each refil.

That being said, it looks like we have a small gas leak with the car. Even with an additional 10 miles, that puts us at 14 m/gge.

Has anyone else seen this type of problem? I am going to drive it over the next few days and see if it stays low.
      My '07 developed a leak at the filler spout check ball within two months of buying it. I could press the rubber dust cover on all the way and within 10 seconds it would pop out a bit from the escaping gas. I could sniff around the filler spout and smell the gas.

Bill

Comment

I second the motion from cngaz, just take it in. If it's bad now it will only get worse, not better. It's still under warrenty so it should be covered.
        You can do anything except light a paper match, on a marshmellow, underwater!

R.I.P. Taylor and Chris

Comment

I drove it this past week, I got 105 miles and a 3 gge refil. I dont know if it was because it was cold or what.

I will watch it over the next few weeks. If anything, I will just ask them to look at it when I get the first oil change.

Comment

Working...
          X