Silverado fast fill, how much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverado fast fill, how much

I know temp plays into it and station pressure but on average how much are people getting on a fast fill on injector based trucks. I have been getting 13 on hot days and 15 really early in the morning. The tank is a 20.9 gal.
    GM World Class, F1 Cert
    05 Crew cab 4X4 Silverado LS
    03 Cavalier
    01 Cavalier (sold)

Re: Silverado fast fill, how much

Wow . . . you've got dedicated or bi-fuel that has 20.9 gge capacity for cng ??? Most every "normal" OEM pickup by GM or Ford typically had 10 to 12 gge capacity.

Where are all those tanks installed?? What year truck??

General rule of thumb on fast-fill is that you'll get 85% of overall capacity unless storage pressure is just fabulous like say 4,000 psi or more. Large volume cng sites that have huge compressor refill rates (i.e. to handle steady stream of buses with 50 to 100 gge of cng refueled each) will give an excellent fill (say 90% to 95% of capacity) for smaller vehicles like trucks and cars. Not much there in NC, where are you filling up at?

Always can use the "top off" method by refueling, then waiting a while, then getting another 1 gge or more once the cng has cooled down.

Comment

Originally posted by cngacrossusa View Post
      Wow . . . you've got dedicated or bi-fuel that has 20.9 gge capacity for cng ??? Most every "normal" OEM pickup by GM or Ford typically had 10 to 12 gge capacity.

Where are all those tanks installed?? What year truck??

General rule of thumb on fast-fill is that you'll get 85% of overall capacity unless storage pressure is just fabulous like say 4,000 psi or more. Large volume cng sites that have huge compressor refill rates (i.e. to handle steady stream of buses with 50 to 100 gge of cng refueled each) will give an excellent fill (say 90% to 95% of capacity) for smaller vehicles like trucks and cars. Not much there in NC, where are you filling up at?

Always can use the "top off" method by refueling, then waiting a while, then getting another 1 gge or more once the cng has cooled down.
      Straight from the owners manual Type 4 tank 20.9 gge at 3600 psi 70 deg F its a 2005 factory quantum technologies one tank mounted in the bed, gauge only goes to about 3/4 tank on fast fill.
      GM World Class, F1 Cert
      05 Crew cab 4X4 Silverado LS
      03 Cavalier
      01 Cavalier (sold)

Comment

I will usually get about 15gge on a 3600 psi fast fill on the GM trucks. 2002 and newer GMs had the larger 20gge tank. 2000 and older had the smaller ~10gge tank. I've never had a 2001, so I'm not sure which tank those ones had. It's just one big tank in the bed. The diameter is significantly larger than the older tanks and it actually goes a couple inches above the edge of the bed. I've attached a photo of a 2005 and 2000 that we've had so you can see the difference in the tanks.
        -Derek

www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Working...
        X