Well my little cav is totaled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well my little cav is totaled

I am sure the insurance company will not care at all that my cng cav is going to be a little harder to replace then just a gas cav. It was a 1998 with close to 160k on it, but it had a spotless body and interior, a new engine, new tires, new brakes, new struts, new starter, new HPR, all new belts , filters, hoses etc. I am really bummed out, I have more in it to make it a nice driver then I am about to get out of it I am sure. What are these cavs worth? Whats an amount I should fight for?

Re: Well my little cav is totaled

I sure hate for anyone to lose a ride in an accident. How did it happen?

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you came through unscathed. As for the value... search EBay and look at completed listings to get a feel for the market on them. There's still quite a few of them around. They come out of GSA fairly regularly, as well as utilities and other fleets and show up with pretty good regularity on the auction sites, CraigsList, and in the Market Place forum here. Best of luck with replacing it. It might be worth buying it from the insurance company for all the $ you have in it. Might be a good investment as a parts car for it's replacement.

Comment

How much are you hoping to get from it? We get calls fairly often from insurance adjusters to find the value of CNG vehicles. Feel free to have them contact me.
        -Derek
        www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

If you buy if from from your insurance company and want to part it out, let me know, I would be interested in some of your pieces!

Comment

A few months ago I bought a 1999 bi fuel Cav with 19K miles for $1200 at auction and sold it with 26K miles for $4900. So, I would think somewhere in between.

Comment

Originally posted by CNG Utah View Post
              How much are you hoping to get from it? We get calls fairly often from insurance adjusters to find the value of CNG vehicles. Feel free to have them contact me.
              -Derek

I dunno? $2500?

Comment

Working...
              X