chevy 2500 stalls when stopping or turning please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chevy 2500 stalls when stopping or turning please help

i have a dedicated cng 2002 chevy 2500hd. i drive it for a while at higher speeds then when i slow down to make a turn it will stall. when i drive it at low speeds like plowing my driveway it doesn't stall. any ideas on what it could be

Re: chevy 2500 stalls when stopping or turning please help

I was hoping someone else with more knowledge of these trucks could answer this. But, I will take a shot at it . If you just stop (and don't turn) does the engine stall? Does the idle speed seem normal when stopping straight ahead? What happens when you stop and then turn the wheel all the way either direction? Does the engine idle drop a lot or stall? Because the problem happens only when stopping after a high speed run, I would look at the oxygen sensor performance and check if the engine is running rich or lean when it stalls. The only reason the truck might stall when turning is the extra load on the engine from running the power steering when turning with the engine running near idle may be enough to stall it. Have you ever had any DTC codes or a check engine light?

Comment

First thing that strikes me as odd is that you say it's dedicated. I've never seen a dedicated GM vehicle. Everything I've seen is bi-fuel.
      I had a 2000 Chevy 2500 with a stalling problem at low speed.
      I took it to a Utah Valley CNG shop and they performed a "clean and flush" of the CNG system which cost me close to $400 and did absolutely nothing but "clean and flush" out my wallet.
      I took it to Mike at Natural Solutions and he found that it was running extremely rich at idle. The springs in the low pressure regulator were too weak to throttle down the fuel flow. A rebuild of the LPR took care of the problem. Thanks Mike.
      I'd suggest at least get an emissions test reading and see if the HC levels at idle are way high
      Originally posted by jkopec2 View Post
      i have a dedicated cng 2002 chevy 2500hd.
      2004 Toyota Avalon bi-fuel
      2013 Tesla Model S 85

Comment

Although the majority were bi-fuel, GM produced Vans and pickups that were dedicated CNG. The KL6 option was bi-fuel, the KL8 option was dedicated. The KL8's had larger (or more) tanks installed. Due to the inability to install larger tanks, the Cavalier was only available as a KL6 . The 2002 pickup in question should be a 6.0 litre with fuel injection and a fuel pressure rail. The rail pressure is very easy to check with a scan tool to verify proper operation of the regulator as there is a pressure sensor on the rail.
        Last edited by siai47; 12-27-2009, 08:40 AM. Reason: regulator

Comment

Working...
        X