2002 Cavalier Seat ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Cavalier Seat ideas?

I was wondering what models and years of seats that chevy made that fit my cavalier?

I'm interested in getting a more comfortable seat and was thinking if I knew what to look for at the junk yard, I could pull them and put them in myself?

Any one try this?
    2002 Cavalier
    2003 Cavalier
    2004 Cavalier

Re: 2002 Cavalier Seat ideas?

1995 thru the end of production in 2005 seats will interchange. These can be either from a Cavalier or a Pontiac Sunfire. Most CNG Cavaliers have the base interior. The LS has a little better looking seat but you need to change the fronts and rears to match. The rear seat back became split in the 2003 model and has a different latch that releases from the trunk. So if you go with that, you need the seatback, mounts and release from the donor car. Some tuners used the Cavalier so there are racing seats out there also. (can't imagine why !) I find the seats quite comfortable, however, the foam used in them is cheap and breaks down so you finally end up setting on the metal brace on the seat bottom or at the lower end of the seatback. The cloth is moulded and glued to the foam and is not serviced except as an assembly. If you want some fun, call the dealer and ask how much the seat bottom costs---you should be setting down on a fine leather recliner first---because they are about the same cost. If you go the junkyard route, you could try a seat bottom out of the passenger seat (usually they aren't used as much and therefore not broken down. You will end up needing to punch a couple of holes in the fabric and will end up with a couple of extra holes on the side that are fairly well covered after you put the cushion in. Best of luck in working this out .

Comment

Thanks that helps. I'm leaning toward a Sunfire seat as they look a little cushier.
      2002 Cavalier
      2003 Cavalier
      2004 Cavalier

Comment

You can go with some aftermarket seats.

Comment

Any luck with the sunfire seats? I've been considering the same.

Comment

Originally posted by csmeutah View Post
            Any luck with the sunfire seats? I've been considering the same.
            Yup. Went to a wrecking yard (pic and pull on the 201 about 5700 west) and on wednesdays they have a half price on everything sale. So, I got two sunfire seats for the cost of one. about 35 bucks for both. Took me an hour or so to find the one I wanted (color/condition/etc).

But, they bolted right in and I love them seats!
            Last edited by Hughes; 01-04-2010, 11:24 PM. Reason: I can't spell...
            2002 Cavalier
            2003 Cavalier
            2004 Cavalier

Comment

Working...
            X