Parts/Service Bifuel Cavalier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts/Service Bifuel Cavalier

I was hoping somebody might know if there is a dealership or service shop in the southern california area that works on the bifuel Cavalier. I was recently rear-ended very badly and it ended up crushing the fueling port/filling line. Whenever I've asked the GM dealerships about parts for the bifuel they have no idea what I'm talking about and cannot find and parts in their system. As it stands, the car might end up being salvaged by my insurance company, but if it doesn't I'm hesitant not to fix the CNG system given gas prices and the distance I drive daily with it. Thanks in advance for whatever anyone can provide.

Re: Parts/Service Bifuel Cavalier

GreenCav,

Below is a link to the GM website where they list the CNG Service Dealers.

http://www.gm.com/explore/fuel_econo...One/index2.jsp

Hope this helps.
    Jared.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier
    2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Do you still have this car. If so please email me. I need the CNG fuel rail/Injectors for my 2003 model.

Thanks,

Chuck

Comment

The engine was changed from a pushrod two valve engine in the 2002 to a double overhead cam sixteen valve engine in the 2003. Even though they are both 2.2 litre, the engine components are not interchangable. BTW, any dealer can locate parts for the bi-fuel Cavalier---I have used various dealers and none were bi-fuel certified or trained. If you have the VIN#, they can look up the parts you need.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Problem is the cost of obtaining a CNG injector here in Canada. Cost of 1 injector prohibits repairing the CNG system.

Comment

Does anyone know who manufactured/supplied the CNG injectors on the 2003 Quantum Technologies Cavalier conversions? I've emailed Quantum without reply.
            Most of the other CNG components on the vehicle are Impco, but I don't see any CNG Fuel injectors on the Impco parts website catalogs.

Thanks,

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by ecti View Post
              Do you still have this car. If so please email me. I need the CNG fuel rail/Injectors for my 2003 model.

Thanks,

Chuck
              Did you ever find a source for used caliler parts or a hole dead unit? I need a anternate fuel engine control module Hooper

Comment

Working...
              X