I need a tank cylinder valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a tank cylinder valve

The CNG shop I went to said I need a new tank cylinder valve. Does anyone know where I can get one? It can be new or used, as long as it works.

Thanks!

Re: I need a tank cylinder valve

Just about any GM valve, Cavalier, Van, or Pickup will work if it is an Impco or Quantum (factory installed) system. You might have to buy a tank as most junk yards don't pull the valve from the tank.

Comment

Where is a good place to buy tanks?

Thanks!

Comment

I have some manual valves. But I will need to know the thread and connection.
        A pic. would help

Comment

Would it be helpful if I took a photo of the tank where the cylinder valve is? It has a full tank of CNG and I don't dare mess with taking the valve out. My mechanic might have the ability to do that safely, but I dont.

Thanks.

Comment

Just take a pic of the valve in the tank.

Comment

CNGMike,

Here is the photo I took yesterday. Is this what you had in mind?

Thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I only have manual valves.

Comment

That's the standard "use it on everything" GM valve. You need to replace it with a GM valve as the tank temp sensor is built in the valve. If it is full of CNG and the electric valve will not operate (have you tried to put 12 volts on the valve?) you need a special tool to open the pilot valve to vent the cng. Make sure you don't apply 12 volts to the temperature sensor !

Comment

Is it easy to tell which connection is for the temp sensor and which is for the valve?

Comment

There are two connectors on the valve. The connector with the black body is for the valve itself, the connector with the grey body is for the temperature sensor. Applying 12 volts to the pins in the black connector (polarity not important) should give you a audible "click" from the solenoid and the valve should open. Caution---If you are changing a tank valve and not sure if the tank is empty, the only way to be sure is by manually opening the valve with a special tool. If you are not sure about this, don't even try it. You or others could be injured or killed as you unscrew the valve from the tank.

Comment

i have a tank that is out of the car ! and need to know if the tank valve is working ?? will this test it for me or will i need to do more than the 2 wires on the black body connector ?? thank you p.s i do not know if is full or not !!!! any help will help !!! thank you ( no one around here to get help from )
                        Last edited by CNGCHUCK; 12-07-2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I have a good working GM valve but because I will have to scrap the tank it's coming from I want $750 for it. Or I'll just give you both the tank and valve. Came out of a cavalier.
                          sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
                          SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
                          2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
                          1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
                          2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Originally posted by CNGCHUCK View Post
                            i have a tank that is out of the car ! and need to know if the tank valve is working ?? will this test it for me or will i need to do more than the 2 wires on the black body connector ?? thank you p.s i do not know if is full or not !!!! any help will help !!! thank you ( no one around here to get help from )
                            This is one of the areas of service and repair that is NOT do it yourself. Not complicated, but trying to remove a valve with gas in the cylinder is a deadly game. Maybe someone here can direct you to a shop that is qualified in your state.Please have a look at this thread too http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthr...ing-CNG-valves
                            Last edited by Lakewood90712; 12-08-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

ok !! thank you !! i do not want to pull the valve at all !! i got this tank to replace one in a older cavalier ( it is good till 2016 and looks to be out of a cavalier ) but i do not know any thing about it (full or not or if valve is good ? ) i just want to test it to see if it is in good working order ? a lot of work if it is bad ( it is also cold here and i will do it outside !! ) i have put 12 volts to the valve wires but it did not open ! will i need to have the rest of the wires pluged in also to test it ? it may not have any p.s.i. in it at all will the valve work that way or will it need some p.s.i. ( i have a home pump also ) and i do know to think that it is FULL at 3600 p.s.i. at all times !! and can i test the temp. sensor also ??? i thank you for any info. you can give me chuck

Comment

Working...
                              X