No announcement yet.

2003 Chevy Cavalier making crackling sounds like loose electrical connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Chevy Cavalier making crackling sounds like loose electrical connection

Hello,

My bi-fuel cavalier has been working great until now. For about the past 2 weeks, it sometimes makes a crackling sound from the left side of the dash where the oil lamp is. The sound is like loose electrical connections. When the car is in this state, it will not fire up but the starter motor will turn. What I have done is to turn on the electrical system and waiting about half a minute (until the crackling sound stops) and then the car will turn over. Sometimes the crackling sound will happen while the car is running which can cause the engine to cut out.

My guess is that it is indeed loose electrical connection but I have struck out about every time I have tried to self diagnose a car problem. This problem does not happen every time so I am reluctant to take it to the shop. Any hints?

thanks,
    Steve

Re: 2003 Chevy Cavalier making crackling sounds like loose electrical connection

Iwould take the dash out and look as you should be able to see the problem burnt wire loose wire if you can lay the dash out and drive it looking at he back you will see or hear than you should find it it sound like this could cause a fire so I would find it good luck

Comment

Working...
    X