Used Cavalier Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Cavalier Questions

I am thinking of buying a used Cavalier. Not including non-CNG related parts, I am wondering what replacement part costs I should budget for. E.g., how long do the sensors typically last and how much are they to replace? Same question for the CNG tanks. Any other parts over, say, $300 I should be concerned with? Thanks.

Re: Used Cavalier Questions

What year Cavalier are you thinking of buying? If you want to spend the extra money, the newer 2003 and 2004 models have fewer "expensive" systems that are likely to fail then the 2002 and older. Look for one of these as they run and drive better, have more power and a far better engine then the older models. In addition, they will have the newest tanks with between 2016 thru 2018 expiration dates. The CNG Cavaliers should be no more problem then any other Cavalier for most maintenance items. With the current "low" gasoline prices, CNG Cavaliers are going for a very low premium over a standard one---now is the time to buy .

Comment

Thanks.....I didn't know there was such a difference. I'll narrow my focus to 2003/04.

Comment

What expensive replacements am I in store for with my 2001 Cavalier? Please let me know what more than likely will go wrong with the cng system and at what age, or mileage. It may be worth considering getting rid of it now.

Also have you heard much on the new systems they are installing in the Chevys and Fords today, we have been considering a new one but not sure how they work and pretty expensive to do so.

Thanks

Comment

The Big One (expensive) is the Gas Mass Flow Sensor. Otherwise the car probably won't be any more trouble than anything else.
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

Working...
          X