P1202 code for cavalier, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1202 code for cavalier, help

p1202 Gas Mass Sensor circuit low frequency. is this the death code for the gas mas sensor? can it be cleaned?

Re: P1202 code for cavalier, help

I know this is old but I found it during a google search on cng cavalier p1202. Information is really fun to locate. I happened to have another cavalier to use for donor parts and i can tell u for fact that this code does not mean 100% death for the mass gas sensor. now to become a real tech and diagnose the actual problem =)
    Ken's Master Auto Care

1998 Cavalier CNG

1972 Chevy Blazer Twin turbod Duramax in it, 12.8 @105MpH 505 rwhp 1109 rwtq

Still in the works
    1969 Camaro Cstm blt 87 vette frnt susp 6 pot 13" frnt brks rack and pinnion Dana 60 w Cstm Lateral-Dynamics 3 link rear susp 4 pot 12" rr brks 18X10 frnt 18X12 rr Bozeforged Speedsters, on the list still is
    Gforce T56 6speed gen3 427 Ci Twn turbo

Comment

Don't get too excited yet. If you can't clear it, try disconnecting the fuse marked "CNG" in the underhood fuse box for a few minutes. Re-install the fuse and see if it will start on CNG. It could be a bad GMS, however, the code is really telling you the sensor (for whatever reason) is not seeing any CNG passing by it to measure. It's possible the sensor wire has broken or is corroded. It's also possible that no gas is reaching the sensor due to lockout valve problems or regulator problems.

Comment

found the issue w most since this thread. hot wire cold solder joint. re solder problem solved most of the time. don't spend 400 or whatever on some BS fix it urself =)
        Ken's Master Auto Care

1998 Cavalier CNG

1972 Chevy Blazer Twin turbod Duramax in it, 12.8 @105MpH 505 rwhp 1109 rwtq

Still in the works
        1969 Camaro Cstm blt 87 vette frnt susp 6 pot 13" frnt brks rack and pinnion Dana 60 w Cstm Lateral-Dynamics 3 link rear susp 4 pot 12" rr brks 18X10 frnt 18X12 rr Bozeforged Speedsters, on the list still is
        Gforce T56 6speed gen3 427 Ci Twn turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Madspeed View Post
          found the issue w most since this thread. hot wire cold solder joint. re solder problem solved most of the time. don't spend 400 or whatever on some BS fix it urself =)
          Madspeed, where is bad solder joint? I am getting this same code on my cavalier and I would like to check it out before sending it in to get repaired.

Comment

Working...
          X