Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Receptacle Refurshibment How to and HPR repost

Hi All,

Here it is finally. I've been waiting for some pics but no one has sent me any so I'm just sending what I have. The fuel receptacle refurbishment is pretty much free to do if you already have the tools otherwise it could cost up to $80 I'm guessing. I listed an internal screw driver but you could use a file instead as seen in another post on this forum. If anyone gets some pics I'll updated the file, otherwise this is it! Also, sometimes you can put off refurbishment if you just reconnect the nozzle at the gas station and then take it off again. Sometimes they don't really need refurbishment but it the problem persists take care of it!

Also, I redid the HPR file a little bit so I'm reposting it here with the link to the old thread with the purchasing information (it might be on the PDF too, I'm just too lazy to look). Let me know if it works for you!

http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1634
    Attached Files

Utility routinely maintains its public CNG dispensers and provides updates to drivers

PG&E (Calif) is currently of replacing all of the hoses and nozzles at every CNG station we operate. This work simply involves taking the older materials and replacing them with new ones. However, please be aware that if there is excessive wear on your vehicles fueling receptacle you may experience difficulty connecting/disconnecting the new nozzles. This excessive wear is called brinnelling and is a pressure related symptom that causes the fueling receptacle on every natural gas vehicle to wear over time creating a raised lip, which may prevent proper connection to nozzles, particularly new nozzles (see attached). If you experience such a problem while attempting to fuel or notice your receptacle is exhibiting signs of brinnelling, you should consult a certified technician for evaluation and possible repair. The following link may help (http://peoplesearch.csa-america.org/default.asp.

Please note that vehicles with 3000 psig tanks are prohibited from installing a receptacle made for and capable of connecting to a yellow 3600 psig nozzle.

PG&E will be replacing the 3600psig nozzles immediately at every station and will not begin replacing the blue, 3000psig nozzles for at least 60 days. Therefore, if you experience these problems, regardless of whether your vehicles takes 3000psig or 3600psig, you will at least be able to fuel on the 3000psig hose for the next 60 days.

Comment

Working...
    X