Cavalier value by insurance adjuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavalier value by insurance adjuster

I was in an accident a few weeks ago, and the insurance adjuster is having trouble getting parts, and is considering calling it a total loss. (The other guy was at fault, and his insurance is accepting liability). The body shop says he is having trouble finding the value of a CNG car. I couldn't find them listed on NADA or Kelly blue book, and I'm worried he's going to try to only give me the non-cng version price. Any suggestions of where to find a documented value for a bifuel 2000 Chevy Cavalier with about 150,000 miles?

Or, perhaps I could help them. The part they are struggling with is some kind of loom hanging out on the front drivers side. The point of impact was near the driver's side headlight. Anyone know what this is or who near Ogden Utah could order/fix it? Thanks for your help.

Re: Cavalier value by insurance adjuster

The only completed sale listed on eBay is for a 2000 Cav with 53k miles. It went for $2750.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

I believe there is a computer near the location of impact. Maybe that's what they need? I would take it to Go Natural CNG in Bountiful - 801-281-4766.

If you want, I could send you copies of some sales contracts of Cavaliers we've sold recently to show how much they sold for. Send me a PM or email if that would help with your insurance.
      -Derek
      www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

That would be very helpful to have a list of sales contracts prices. I'm new to this CNG chat site. How do we exchange e-mails? The car isn't driveable right now, but perhaps they could go take a look, I'll give them a call. Thank you very much.

Comment

I would just post my email here but the Mods don't like that. Go to my website, www.cngutah.com and click on the contact page for my email.

Or click on my name above and it should show a drop down menu. You can email me from there.

-Derek
          www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

For anyone who is interested, they called it a total loss after combining the time to tow it have the CNG fixed while paying for my rental car. They offered me $4,300, or $3400 toward fixing it if I keep the car. The body shop estimates a bill of $2700 or so for body work, not including the CNG wire loom and PCM. He said the plastic connector on the loom is broken on one connection, and the other needs some pins replaced, but this was diagnosed from pictures, as the insurance didnt' want to tow it to a CNG place. It took them a month to decide if it was worth fixing. Any thoughts? I'm thinking it has a lot of miles, and it would be wisest to take the money toward another one. Tank is good, if I remember it's inspection lasted to 2014. What would you guys do? I don't see many really high mileage CNG cavaliers listed. Do they usually kick the bucket?
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to hear of your situation. Personally I'd take the $4300 and ask to keep the car, selling the cng equipment to recoop additional monies with which to get another, lower mileage car.

The only bright spot is that you should be able to find very reasonable prices on used ngv's right now. Use the forum to help you identify what years and models are better, or have fewer known issues, or hard to get parts. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
              X