Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odometer doing funky stuff......

aaaaaaaaaa
    Last edited by boomr; 04-11-2012, 02:58 PM.

Re: Odometer doing funky stuff......

A loose wire on the odometer is a common Cavalier problem. We see it on about 20% of the Cavaliers we sell. Like you noticed, you can usually just put a little bit of pressure on the button and it makes the connection so you can see the miles.

We haven't taken the time to take a dashboard apart to try to tighten the wire. It might even be an inaccessible wire requiring a new instrument cluster.

If anyone has fixed it I'd like to hear about it.
    -Derek
    www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

I talked to a mechanic friend of mine. He took one look at it and said the LCD(I think) is out. He also said that you can get a new one but that the replacement odometer will show the miles from the vehicle it came from and not mine.

Comment

That's kind of what I figured. It seems like the only thing you can do with odometers is replace them.

We once had a Civic that had had the speedometer replaced and the odometer showed the mileage since that time, not since the car was new. They had to replace the entire instrument cluster. This was all noted on the title and paperwork of course.
        www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

I took the dash out of mine then resodiered the LED connection. That fixed the problem.

Comment

How big of a job was this? It sounds like a lot of trouble....

Comment

Working...
            X