V2-20134 ?? Where to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2-20134 ?? Where to get?

I am trying to find a Low Pressure valve for a 1999 Chevy Cavalier, I believe I have located it and the only part number I can see is V2-20134 I don't know if there are additional numbers in front of it, but it is the cylinder looking part that is before the intake. Can anyone point me to where I can buy one of these? I live in Southern Utah and would like to purchase online if possible.

Thanks,

Philster

Re: V2-20134 ?? Where to get?

I am not sure if you are talking about the low pressure lockout (it's a valve) or the low pressure regulator ( it's round also but much bigger). The lockout has wires and small fuel lines going to it. Last time I checked, the dealer was still able to order them and the price was not too crazy. If it is the regulator, they are rebuildable with a kit from any Impco dealer. The V2 in the number you found makes me think it's the regulator you are looking at. Search for threads on LPR or low pressure regulator and you will find kit part numbers and instructions on how to rebuild it. You should be able to get the kit for less then 100 bucks .

Comment

I THINK a letter and possibly a number is missing. There would be a letter "P" in front of the PV2. A simple breakdown of the part number tells me a lot.

The P means it is a pressurized unit for CNG.
      The V means it is vacuum controlled with no coolant chamber (for propane)
      The -2 means it has the fiberglass diaphragm, also called a Silicone diaphragm.
      The rest of the part number should break down like this:
      The 20234 would usually indicate (reverse the first two numbers), a 2002 build date. The rest of the numbers dont make sense, there should be six numbers (two for the year, two for the month, two for the day).

Are there more numbers available?

Franz

Comment

I believe that it is the low pressure lockout valve that is my problem. With the car off for over an hour, I can put my ear on it and hear gas passing. This will probably explain the hard starting that I am experiencing. I will contact my Chevy dealership. Thanks

Philster

Comment

The primary seat is the single biggest problem with the E low pressure regulator. It will give you exactly the problem and symptom you are describing.

If you indeed have the PE-V-2 LPR, you can order a repair kit from almost any Impco dealer, just ask for a RK-PEV-2.

Franz

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate you all sharing so much of your knowledge with us.

Philster

Comment

Working...
            X