Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chevy Express vans- anyone out there driving them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy Express vans- anyone out there driving them?

I've owned my 2001 12 passenger express now for a few weeks and can't get any info on the thing. Anyone out there?
    Matt

Re: Chevy Express vans- anyone out there driving them?

Got a 6.0 V-8 in it?

Andy-Paul

Comment

I have a 2002. It is an OEM with a 5.7 L Vortec V8 and IMPCO fuel system. I have the Chev service manual for the vehicle as well.

Comment

I have a 2001 with impco system and a 5.7 l engine. My tanks say that they hold 32 gal/ 121 liter of water capacity, what does that mean in gge's? I'm only getting 7 gge's in per fill and it doesn't go far. Can any help?
        Matt

Comment

Matt,

121 Liter water capacity is about 10.5 GGEs @ 3600 psi. If you are fast filling you'll never get 10 GGEs, so 7 might be the limit if you are fast filling depending on pressure and temperature.
          Jared.
          Mountain Green, Utah
          2003 CNG Cavalier
          2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

sorry to drag up an old thread..but was wondering if I might be able to get a PDF copy of that service manual Luke? I sure could use it, as a CNG "newb"

Thanks

Comment

2004 6.0 Just got my 3000 psi fueler wired on the side of my garage! Sadly is does have a bad tank valve, but its running well and I put in 5 gal last nite,
              10GGE is both tanks.... Yes it a 3600 psi system, but it was in my price range at 1500 bucks. I used it for work as Im self employed in a heating and
              cooling business. cost per gal is $1.25 from my gas meter!! Sure Im saving about $70 dollars a week. I mostly just do service and repair work here in Portland, OR. So yes there is a valve change in my future...
              THIS WAS a puget sound power van, has shelving and the orange/yellow strobe that I use often backing into my driveway from a busy street! fun..
              There is not ANY retail fill stations around, the closest is 120 mile round trip..Im SO HAPPY IT BIFUEL with 25 Gal gasoline tank. Mine is default to CNG if there is any pressure in the tanks.. then it automagically switches to gas...

Comment

If its a 2001 bi-fuel, the actual GGE of the tanks is about 9.5. The tanks look to be the same size but if you actually measure them, one is smaller than the other. Even with a slow fill on a standard 70 degree day 8 gge is about all it will do because of residual pressure in the tanks prior to filling. With a fast fill somewhat less. You should be seeing somewhere between 100 and 130 miles on a tank. If the range is really bad (i.e. half of that number) then one of the tank valves might not be opening. As far as the previous member "fixitguy" on changing a tank valve---unless you have the tools for venting the tank completely with a failed valve and you really, really know what your are doing, don't even attempt it. Even with a failed valve, the tank will fill so it is at 3600 psi right now. Just a cautionary note.

Comment

Working...
                X