No announcement yet.

Cavalier CNG system warranty duration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavalier CNG system warranty duration?

I've heard it is transferable and some components covered to 80K, anyone?

Re: Cavalier CNG system warranty duration?

Originally posted by utahpilot View Post
    I've heard it is transferable and some components covered to 80K, anyone?
    Well that would be interesting to know

Comment

Anything which causes the system to fail a smog inspection would be covered by the 80k federal emissions warranty which is covers the current owner.
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

I believe that it is covered upto 80k and that it is transferrable. I purchased an 02 cng cav last year and noticed that it mentioned the cng system in the 80k section of the warranty booklet. My car was over that mileage and I wasn't the original owner so I assumed it wouldn't help me. Then I started having problem with the car back-firing when using the CNG system. The Chevy dealer diagnosed it as the Gas Mass Sensor with an estimated repair of $2700 but they did ask about the mileage saying that it may still be covered under warranty. Then they concluded that because it was over the limit it wouldn't be covered.

Comment

I have a 2001 cavalier (april 2000 mfg date) with 73k miles. So it would fall under the 8 year 80k mile warranty.

The dealer (Gus Paulos, Salt Lake City) says that it needs a gas mass sensor, $2800. I called GM to check on the warranty, they said the 7 year 70k mile warranty would cover the following:
          fuel tank bracket
          high and low pressure regulator
          cng tank
          cng tank fill line
          fill receptacle
          lpl line
          hpr line to under the hood line

The only thing covered by the 8 year 80k mile warranty is the cng ecu engine control module.

Comment

Working...
          X