Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford 2001 f-150 codes could be caused by an obscure electrical problem read more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford 2001 f-150 codes could be caused by an obscure electrical problem read more

Ok you will not believe it. My ford guru called and asked "do you still have problems with
    codes on you f-150 bi-fuels? My answer "of course". Old original unchanged Ford Coolant, Eventually breaks down interacts with the radiator and conducts current.
    This throws codes all over, Guru warned me. I thought this was crazyand offered him the phone # of a good shrink.
    My flagship 4 wheel drive vehicle with a reefer unit that we displayed at the Doreens Frozen Pizza Goes green press conference, showed 12 codes and started to run terrible.
    Sunday we flushed the radiator and reset the codes. I have never seen anything like it.
    No codes and it is back running the Chicago North Shore route today.
    Good Luck i hoped i helped a fellow CNGer today

Re: Ford 2001 f-150 codes could be caused by an obscure electrical problem read more

Yep! You can run the leads from a DVOM between the coolant and one of the battery terminals (I forget which terminal) and get a voltage. The coolant becomes and electrolyte when it deteriorates. Besides the aluminum parts will deteriorate from the action of the "old" electrolyte. Flush the cooling system and change the coolant at least every two years

Larrycng

Comment

Working...
    X