Just purchased an E250 Ford Van dedicated cng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchased an E250 Ford Van dedicated cng

The cng tanks appear to be under the van and I was wondering if it's legal to have another tank added inside the van. Does anyone know where I can get a tank? I am picking the van up next week and I need to get more capacity than what it has stock. I think it only holds about 17 gals on a full fill. Not sure about that though.

Thanks
    Rick

Re: Just purchased an E250 Ford Van dedicated cng

Sure, it is legal and save to add an interior cylinder so long as it meets NFPA-52 requirements. The most important requirement for this scenario is that you properly vent the valve and pressure relieve device (PRD) to the outside. This is normally accomplished by bagging. Contact one of the installers in our directory to give you a quote.
    http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....-master-thread

Comment

Do you know how much cng a stock 2000 e250 dedicated van holds?I see on the list that we have a local co. here in Ok.City that does cng service. I will call them after I take delivery of the van.

Comment

I've add 2 10" by 35" tanks under the vehicle, behind the rear axle, cross-wise, where the spare tire went; it was a neat installation. The only trick was to tie in the 2 additional tanks with manual valves to a system with electronic valves; a couple of "T's" some tubing and check valve and a high pressure lockoff and you wouldn't know the difference. It was worth 4 to 5 gge.

Larrycng

Comment

So what all do I need to add another tank inside the van? I have a tank and that's it so far.Anyone?

Thanks
          Rick

Comment

Working...
          X