need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help please

Just want to know, if any body knows how to check and see if one or more of my tanks are shut off. Every body says i should get 300 miles to a full tank. Full tank being all three of my tanks full. Its a 98 ford 250 v8 5.4 L CNG dedicated. Thanks for your help

Also does any body know if there is a road side assistance for cng fuel. If i was to run out of gas lol.

Re: need help please

In Las Vegas call RGR Alternative Fuels. They can inspect your tanks for both the regular safety interval of 3 years / 36,000 miles and also see if all three valves are operational. They also can provide roadside refueling.

http://www.rgralternativefuels.com/

Comment

thank you so much for the help!!!!!! i booked mark their page.

Comment

My guess is you have a 3000 psi set up on your f-250, I have a 2000 f-150 dedicated with the 5.4 v-8 and a 3600 psi set up and I have never got more than 270 miles on 3 tanks with the gas gauge just above empty and taking 16 gge to fill it back up. I ran out of fuel once, a mile away from the cng station and I learned my lesson. F series trucks are really hard to push. Joe

Comment

A common failure is the electronic tank valves on these Fords. Fill up the vehicle with CNG. At the valve of each tank you'll find a pigtail plug. Unplug all but one. The vehicle should still start and run. Repeat this process with the other two tanks. At any point the vehicle does not run that is your bad tank valve. You can also do this by listening for each valve to open as the ignition is turned on, but you need to know what your listening for and this is difficult to do by yourself. Remember a bad tank valve will still allow CNG into the tank but no out.
          sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
          SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
          2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
          1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
          2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Working...
          X