Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford contour only works on CNG in cold climate, then shuts off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford contour only works on CNG in cold climate, then shuts off.

Hello, newbie here.

Iv'e had my Contour since February and it's been working fine on both gas and CNG until June. After a fill up I got on the highway and after about 10 miles it switched back to gas like it usually does when the tank gets empty. I stopped the car and tried to put it back on cng a few times and I got at most 4 miles. Now the strange part, ive realized that i'm only able to start and run it on cng (for 10 miles max) when the weather is relatively cool (below 80 degrees) I can travel the furthest in the mornings . I often travel to San Francisco and there I can get it to run a bit on cng before it switches back to gas but down here in L.A I can't even start it on cng. Could elevation have something to do with it? What could be triggering the system to keep switching to gas?
    Car has 85k.

Add info: Before it stopped working the tank sat empty for a month or two since i was in a location without Cng stations.

Thanks and forgive me if this has been already discussed (I searched the forum and didnt find anything similar)
    Last edited by jofecopa; 07-20-2010, 02:10 AM.
Working...
X