second tank installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second tank installation

Has anyone seen, or tried to stack, two cng tanks one above the other in the bed of a pickup?

Re: second tank installation

Yep. Using the old CNG Cylinder company type brackets that can be bolted together. You would have to put a back up plate across the the front of the bed to provide vertical support. I would not go over half a tank diameter above the top of the bed without some additional vertical support or a gussett to the top of the bracket. Then there is the question of a guard/cover for the tank.
    The tanks would make an interesting "head ache" rack
    I have seen some very nice stack type mounts for a van mounting in the Seattle area.

Hope this helps

Larrycng
    Last edited by larrycng; 06-15-2010, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I've done twin pack over twin pack installs in late 90s F250s. I built a box frame for bottom tanks that held stock tanks above and used stock tank cover.
      Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

I have several sets of brackets.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I have two 2001 bifuel F150/7700's, one nice low mile and one 'used' but cheap (free with the tax rebate) high mile truck I bot for backup cng parts that Ill eventually sell once I remove the parts- it still looks ok and runs great. I often use the trucks for hauling 4-wheelers while pulling a travel trailer behind; the trucks have just enough space for an atv behind the tank with the tailgate up, so a 2-high stack would be ideal unless one of the big tanks could be stuffed underneath the bed.

Comment

Working...
          X