compuvalve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compuvalve

does anyone know what the extra wires and connectors are that are blank on the compuvavle?

Re: compuvalve

Astout,
    Look up schematics in the file library.
    Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

where is the file library. i don't know my way around this site yet!

Comment

http://cngchat.com/forum/forumdispla...e-File-Library

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

hi i looked up the file library, do i need to look at everyone to find the schematic or is there an easier way to find?

Comment

I am new to cng and this site, I have a 2001 bifuel f-150 with a faulty compuvalve, took the computer section apart and found what i believe to be a capaciter that has failed. It has two leads very small and square (black in color). it is located right next to the crystal (silver in color). Can anyone help me with a source where I can find a schematic of the computer board, or a new or used computer board? Thank You.

Comment

That would depend on Make, Model, and Year. Some platforms used different circuits, you need to be more specific.

Comment

I need a guru, don't know if you are still around. Just bought a 2001 F150 CNG, 50,000 miles and GNG has not been working for at least one year (bought then at an auction). Runs great on gas, alt switch does not light. No fault codes, fuses are good, has full CNG tank and power is to the alt switch(I tried rocking it 5 times to reset the computer). Just want to know where to start looking. Is the big relay on the firewall that is connected directly to the battery for CNG use? If so, where does the wire come from to switch relay as it is not energized. Also, fuel, speedometer and oil pressure gauges intermittent, don't work most of the time. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Aquabill,
                  Sounds like your gauges problem is unrelated to CNG system. Did you check the two fuses on the relay panel attached to the battery? I have also seen some bi-fuels with an inline fuse in the harness above the main fuse block on the passenger side engine firewall, just follow all wires from the relay panel back to the compuvalve.
                  Beyond that, all I can say is "Welcome to my Nightmare". I am currently dealing with several customers with 2000-2001 bi-fuels, including one total dead system removal and one with endless ghosts and gremlins.
                  Any day now I'll probably give up hope for developing a drop in upgrade/replacement system for the compuvalve. I seem to be chasing my tail.
                  Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. I have accumulated a lot of info on these systems.
                  Good Luck.
                  Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes the 2 fuses are good and getting power as the rpm's change when the fuses are removed when running. That other inline fuse holder has no fuse in it, just a bayonet connector that kills the engine when disconnected. I don't understand the alt switch on the dash. It has 2 hot leads coming in. In the gasoline mode one of the outgoing wires is hot. In the alt mode, both outgoing wires are hot, so all 4 wires are hot but the green light doesn't go on. Is this normal with a malfunctioning system or is the switch bad? Is there any way of checking gas to the regulator or any electrical checks for the compuvalve that I can do? With only 50000 miles on the truck I was hoping all the expensive parts were good. This is just a fun project and brain teaser for me but when I run out of things to do I probably take it to an actual CNG mechanic. Keep chasing that tail! You wouldn't know if the bad 3 guages on the left side of the dash have a common ground or generator would you? Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                    X