Ford f-250... MIL on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford f-250... MIL on

I have 1998 ford f250 that has the MIL on. autozone read codes and it says lean condition bank 1 and 2. whats my problem? replaced a sensor and that didnt help. any insight would be appreciated

Re: Ford f-250... MIL on

did you replace all four o2 sensors or just two?

Comment

Dedicated or Bi-Fuel? What was the exact code?

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

its dedicated. i think the codes were like P1701 and P1702 sorry if thats wrong i cant find where i wrote them down. I am not sure whatsensor as changed becaused i took it to a mechanic and he said he changed a sensor that he thought it might be so i will have to find that out as well. sorry also i was reading about everyones jump that they were experiencing with the f150 at 50 mph and i experience this between 30-45 mph so i order the coalescent filter like everyone did. do u think they are related problems. could a bad filter cause leanness and enough to kick on the MIL light? thanks for the help

Comment

codes could have been 1701-1 and 1701-2 one for bank 1 and second one was for bank 2

Comment

According to the Ford OEM service manual, those codes don't match up to O2 sensors malfunctioning. Note 3 indicates that it has something to do with the transmission. But in thumbing through the transmission section both for the E4OD and the 4R70W transmissions, I could not find a corresponding 1701/2 code.

It would be helpful if you could re-verify the code.
            Attached Files

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

I found a P1702 code on the 4R100 transmission, which I am pretty sure that is what is in the CNG F-250's.
              Attached Files

Comment

hey guys thank you for your help on that. check engine light hasnt come back on so hopefully whatever it was is fixed. i do have a new problem however. I picked up the truck from the mechanic and everything looked fine. i pulled out, drove 20 ft then pulled over to secure some stuff in the bed and when i pulled over, i couldn't put it in park. it shifts to every gear but park. the shifter moves up but doesnt catch the park gear. when the truck is off, i can go under and adjust the transmission cable and put it in park. however, as soon as i turn the truck on and shift out of park it wont go back in again. i am needing help adjusting the transmission cable to always catch park. any advice or idea is great thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                X