Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford needs a CNG high mileage car to be available, Focus or Fusion or both

Hey gang,

Let's post some positive comments on this "Ford Story" feedback site.
    I know Ford mines this stuff for ideas as to new product development.

http://www.thefordstory.com/your-ide...n-or-both/?ord

Re: Ford needs a CNG high mileage car to be available, Focus or Fusion or both

I agree to a point. Ford may be thinking that they cannot compete with the Civic in this realm. Bi-fuel option Focus or Fusion might be the answer though.

Comment

Agree 1000% with John that Ford needs to have in USA a high-mpg CNG vehicle like dedicated or bi-fuel Focus or Fusion. I've added comments that reflect Ford could be selling vehicles in OK that could compete with Honda Civic GX and offer tremendous low-cost vehicle at around 3 to 5 cents a mile. Also, the HUGE issue is that Ford actually sells a cng model of several vehicles in Europe (ie Focus, Transit Connect van, etc) but just now getting around to offerring in USA. Obama still hasn't come out strong in favor of CNG, nor has he made any demands on GM to produce alternative fuel vehicles (ie CNG / electric) in mass.

Above link however didn't work today . . . . try link below that goes straight to story about need for CNG focus.
      http://www.thefordstory.com/your-ide...usion-or-both/

Comment

Competition makes us all better and the GX could use some. Seating and the sound system, options aren't available and should be. I wish Honda or Toyota had a more lux CNG vehicle, quieter, more comfortable and a better sound system. As much time as I'm driving today, I wish this segment had better coverage...

I have a 07 GX with 90K miles and have been very happy with it. I'd be happier with the above improvements.

At this point I'm looking forward to the ford transit connect van. If Ford will sell these to the public / small businesses I could be looking at my GX replacement! This one won't likley be a better ride but it'll carry more cargo. If this one is a goodie, I might get my wife to replace her Tacoma.

This vehicle will fill another definite market gap.

Chris
        Last edited by SCChris; 06-22-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X