compuvalves fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compuvalves fixed!

I found a guy who overhauls compuvalves for 250 bucks plus shipping. He's in St. George, Utah. 435-668-4409

Re: compuvalves fixed!

This sounds too good to be true, but if it is, this guy should have a nice sideline. I there any warrante with rebuild.?? That make it worth a try.

Larrycng

Comment

there is a guy in centerville also who will do it for 450 and warantee his work. not been there yet but 250 may be worth the shipping to st george

Comment

Who is the guy in Centerville?

Comment

Are they fixing the low flow injectors not getting the pulsed power from the compuvalve? Thats what I need. My injectors work fine.It is something in the electronics of the compuvalve that is my problem.

Comment

Yes, please post the guy's name and contact info in St. George who can fix compuvalves. Even though I have a spare, it'd be nice to know someone who can actually fix these things.

Comment

I have seen more than one person who happened to fix one or two Compuvalves and hang out a shingle claiming to be able to fix them. I personally would be very careful about anyone who claims to do so. Common failure points are plugged low flow injectors (flushing), plugged high flow injectors (flushing), burned out solenoid coils (replaced), leaking plastic injector block (replaced), MAP sensor (replaced), software failure or mother-daughter board failure (difficult but requires replacement), and a software failure. Remember that many people have gotten NEW Compuvalves from their Ford dealer that were dead out of the box (I once had three in a row).

Compuvalves were also made in different generations which have totally different housings, circuitry boards, software, etc. GFI-1 and GFI-2. GFI-1's were typically aftermarket and were universal up through about 1996 (OBD-II) when the GFI-2 was introduced. In 2001, there was another change in the Compuvalve to route coolant through it and to integrate all functions through the valve instead of separate relay blocks.

Franz

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
                there is a guy in centerville also who will do it for 450 and warantee his work. not been there yet but 250 may be worth the shipping to st george
                I know this old but I would really like this guy's contact information if possible.

Thanks

Comment

The phone number is on the top post.

Comment

The centerville contact is: Brandon Wicknick 801-637-4570 [email protected] website is: cngtechnologiesofutah.com

Comment

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
                      The phone number is on the top post.
                      Thanks John I was looking for the centerville contact info, I did see the st.george number.

Comment

Working...
                      X