contour does nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contour does nothing

my countour's been sitting for a while.........green light comes on with key for 1 full second then off whether I start it or not. I am guessing the lockout in the tank. Any suggestions or other ideas on how or where to proceed

Re: contour does nothing

Generally this just means there isn't fuel in the CNG tank. Does it start on gasoline?

Comment

tank is full and it starts on gasoline....................I hear it click underneath the car but not in the trunk when the key is turned on

Comment

How about some more info?

Year of Ford Contour ______

Has it ever run on CNG since you have had it?

Do you know if the blankety-blank compuvalve has ever been replaced?

Current mileage ________

Does the engine and fuel systems physically appear to be in good order? Does it run good on gasoline?
        '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
        '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
        FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

1997.............It ran on cng before it went into the shop for repairs 6 months ago(not cng related). Compuvalve is original. mileage is around 100,000. everything else runs great. I really think the lockout is not opening in the trunk I just haven't had a chance to check the voltage yet.

when I turn the key on the green light goes out within 1 sec. Just hoping for more possiblilites, as to the problem

Comment

When the vehicle was serviced, they may have done a manual override closing of the tank valve.

Comment

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but were you ever able to solve this?

Comment

Working...
              X