crown vic failed, NOx emission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crown vic failed, NOx emission

Failed colorado enchanced emmission test, tested 2.68 GPM, spec 1.5. No SES light, never delt with this before, all the cng veh I have e-tested have passed even some real high mileage F150's. Always wondered if 8 new coil packs would wake one of these crown vics up, I sippose this might be the one to try it on, however it does not seem to have a dead cyl at lease at idle.

Re: crown vic failed, NOx emission

you can have a bad O2 sensor without a Check engine light. you need to take a look at the long/short term fuel trims on a graphing scan tool and see it they are running to the rich side...

Comment

What year is the Crown Vic? Is this a factory CNG or a retrofit? High NOx is an indicator of a high combustion chamber temperature. EGR, carbon, high compression are some of the areas to look at when NOx is too high. Throw me some info and I'll look for bulletins.

Comment

High NOx is usually an indication of a disconnected EGR valve or a lean fuel mixture. A misfire due to a bad coil will result in low NOx but high HC. A rich mixture will show low NOx but high HC and CO.

I would look for vacuum leaks first, then check fuel trim numbers for positive values.

Franz

Comment

Working...
        X