need helpfor 2001 bi fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need helpfor 2001 bi fuel

My 2001 bi fuel F150 truck has recently developed 2 problems (I think), The odometer and fan take turns working and not working. I plan to start chasing wires but wish I had a wiring diagram. Is there a schematic out there?

Second issue the truck shuts down on CNG when it is least expected. Sometimes after a short run, other times after longer runs. I have to stop, key it off, toggle to gas and then restart. I have to drive sometimes a couple of miles and the truck might be ready to run on CNG, other times it will take until the next day. You never know.

Any ideas
    When it does run on gas or CNG, it runs fine

Thanks in advance

Re: need helpfor 2001 bi fuel

Originally posted by troach View Post
    Is there a schematic out there?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270326762803

If you know how to wrench on your own stuff, your gonna need these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=360193982673

and this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270450198246

and this one is a must have too: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270450198246

Contact the seller and ask if the Bi-Fuel Supplement is included with the PC/ED service manual, if not get this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=380108914739

Now your all set with OEM troubleshooting knowledge to reference! Your truck has what is called a Compuvalve for the delivery of CNG to the engine. It is failure prone and it might be in your best interest to disassemble it and give it a thorough cleaning. If it breaks or fails no replacements are sitting on a shelf to be had.

There is a thread from another member that describes in great detail how to accomplish this, but I am too lazy right now to find it for you. It should be made a sticky at the top of the Ford forums so it can be found easily.

Hope that helps.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

I might add that those prices are very fair and reasonable. I have been watching auctions like these for quite some time. The thing is, something has aligned to have everything available for your model and year. If your going to wrench on this truck, it will be the best money you have ever spent. I promise you that ..

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Thanks for the book recommendation
        I do wrench but had hoped that someone may have had the issue I have already
        I don't see the Odometer/heater fan issue being tied to the engine shutting off issue but I didn't know.
        Fuses are good,it started right up on CNG today. I will start with a flush using alcohol and a fiter change
        Taking the compuvalve valve apart for a cleaning will be next.

Any other ideas
        Tim

Comment

I've had good luck on eBay finding CD's with the entire manual set -- including the PC/ED (powertrain control / emissions diagnosis) sections.

I picked this up for my 2004 F150 dedicated for less than 10 bucks. The dealers get CD's which are continually updated, so they chuck the old ones. The one I got has a "date lock" -- so you have to set the date on your computer back to when the CD was still not out-of-date. Guess they did this to avoid technicians accidentally using old information.

All this is much more of a pain than having the real manuals, but sometimes you can't find the real manuals you want. The CD's seem to be available in abundance.

Comment

thanks
            I will be search ebay tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah View Post
              All this is much more of a pain than having the real manuals, but sometimes you can't find the real manuals you want.
              Agreed. I find that the Ford and the Alldata CD/DVD's are hard to navigate and generally confusing. If I have the choice, it's paper for me.

Comment

Well I got the heater fan to work, bad fan, changed it and it was running fine. Now I can start on CNG and will run for 10 -20 seconds and then dies, it will not restart until the next day. Tried to switch to gasoline and it will not start on gas at all.
                I'm stumped
                Any ideas?

Tim

Comment

Working...
                X