Can't fill CNG tank on bifuel 2001 F150 7700 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't fill CNG tank on bifuel 2001 F150 7700 4x4

I purchased a used truck recently and am not able to fill the CNG tank. I connect the valve to fill the tank, open the valve, flip the switch to start filling, the pump seems to start (beeps and pressurizes) but stops without dispensing any fuel. I have tried filling several times on different pumps, right after other people had filled their tanks so I don't think the problem is w/ the pump. The previous owner said everything was working. Is there a shutoff between the gas connection and tank I should check? Something else that would block the gas delivery? Thanks, -Jeff

Re: Can't fill CNG tank on bifuel 2001 F150 7700 4x4

I'm guessing you already have a full tank of CNG, but the truck isn't running on it right now.

First thing to check is the switch to the left of the steering wheel. It should be in the up position (I think it says Alt). If the truck is running on CNG a green light in the switch will illuminate. If the light is flashing, it means you most likely have a problem with the compuvalve. If it is off it means the truck has switched over to gasoline. It should try to start on CNG first and the light will momentarily illuminate when you turn the key on. If the switch is in the lower position it will only run on gasoline.
    www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

As far as I know, the CNG tank is empty. If I put the switch to use CNG, the light does not come on or blink.

Comment

Originally posted by jbroiles View Post
        As far as I know, the CNG tank is empty. If I put the switch to use CNG, the light does not come on or blink.
        You need to have the green light come on and stay on to indicate that you're running with CNG (the fuel gauge will reflect the CNG fuel level only with the switch in the correct position and with the green light on)
        It could be something like a fuse being blown or missing, but there is something not right with the CNG system and I don't suspect the problem is an empty CNG tank . Good luck.
        2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
        Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
        Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
        Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

I agree with cngfamily. I had this same problem when I got my truck. Come to find out the tank was full the whole time, which is why it wouldn't take anymore cng. If your light will not turn green you probably have a problem with the compuvalve or something related to the cng system. Make sure the two fuses are on the relay block by the battery and that they are still intact. I hope you don't have the same problem as me. I needed a compuvalve and they seem like they are really hard to find right now.

Comment

Working...
          X