2010 ford fusion??? need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 ford fusion??? need advice

I am new to the forum, and new to CNG. I am about to buy a 2010 fusion and plan to put the Altek Eco. dedicated conversion kit on it. Does anyone have any experiance with converted fusions 2009-10? Will this qualify for both state and federal (I live in Utah)? can anyne recomend an instaler for this kit here? How reliable are these conversions. I can't find anything on the fusion when I search the forms. Why are people no doing these? The fusions are great cars! Please help! Great forum! I have learned a lot!

Re: newbie needs help!

I guess fords are not to popular?! Doesn't anybody even have an opinion? I could really use some sound advice before making a $30K decision! Anybody have any experiance with these conversions? Thanks agin for any advice.

Comment

Re: newbie needs help!

Originally posted by Fusionlove View Post
      I guess fords are not to popular?!
      I like Fords.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Re: 2010 ford fusion??? need advice

Welcome to CNGchat
        In Utah the authorized installer for Altech-Eco is Lancer Automotive. They are just off 33rd South in SLC.

Scott Brandeberry at Lancer Auto is a regular here and volunteers as one of our forum moderators. He can be reached at 801-268-8863.

You will get a $2,500 Utah tax credit for the Fusion conversion and if you go with dedicated CNG it will provide either a $2,500 or $4,000 federal tax credit (I am not sure if the Fusion achieved EPA Bin 2 emissions -- their Focus did. If not it is $2,500). Note Utah's credit applies to bi-fuel conversions whereas the Federal credit only applies to dedicated.

You should also be able to get the "c" plate for single-occupant HOV lane access as this is a dedicated conversion (might want to check with Lancer to ensure Altech-Eco certified this to ILEV standards).

Enjoy the car and our Utah/Wyoming vehicle fuel

Comment

Thanks! I am still interested to know if anyone has done a fusion conversion on the 2009 model. I have talked a lot with Scott from Lancer, and he is great! I just wanted to get a second opinion on the unit Altech Eco. provides. I am getting so exited to be a CNG owner! Utah and Queststar Rock! How long can we expect Queststar to keep our prices down? I am buying this with the intention of making it last for at least 10 years! Is this resonable! From what I understad the engines should get a lot more life out of them. SO, hopfully I have 10 years of cheep gas ahead of me. Thanks again for any thoughts.

Mike

Comment

I am the Altech-Eco installer in Texas. I've had great luck with their conversion systems and would highly recommend it for the 2010 Fusion. I'm not as excited over the 2008 or 2009 as the engine was smaller. Would be happy to answer any specific questions. Just ask.

Ronnie Oldham
            CleanFuel Conversions
            Austin, Texas

Comment

I have not heard of anyone that has converted a turbocharged motor (rumor has it taht the Fusion might get the ecotek engine)- it should be a great combo if the tuning problems can be overcome.

Comment

I talked to Altech-Eco in Asheville, North Carolina. They want $8,000 to convert a Fusion, bi-fuel or dedicated. They are EPA certfied.
                www.altecheco.com

Hope this helps.

Comment

I just did it!

I brought home my 2010 fusion this week. I love it! it looks so good, and the ride is great. This 4 banger has some kick. I can't wait to get my kit. I am at the top of the list to get the Altech eco kit that should be available with in the month. They were doing final EPA testing this week! There may even be a chance that this vehicle will qualify for the $8000 tax credit like the focus does! Wow! I could add the kit for only $1000 out of pocket, and have it paid off in one year in savings!!!!! I honestly think this is the best looking nearing luxury option for CNG conversions. Just look at that thing, and it will soon be green. Can you tell I am excited. I will try to keep you all up to date on the process. Wahoooo!
                  Attached Files

Comment

so you are figuring after the tax credit
                    bummer the bi fuel doesnt get a credit
                    it really should
                    Last edited by drjeff; 09-06-2009, 09:14 AM. Reason: dumb post now slightly less dumb

Comment

how many Altech-Eco installers are there now?
                      any near new jersey?

Comment

Originally posted by Fusionlove View Post
                        I just did it!

I brought home my 2010 fusion this week. I love it! it looks so good, and the ride is great. This 4 banger has some kick. I can't wait to get my kit. I am at the top of the list to get the Altech eco kit that should be available with in the month. They were doing final EPA testing this week! There may even be a chance that this vehicle will qualify for the $8000 tax credit like the focus does! Wow! I could add the kit for only $1000 out of pocket, and have it paid off in one year in savings!!!!! I honestly think this is the best looking nearing luxury option for CNG conversions. Just look at that thing, and it will soon be green. Can you tell I am excited. I will try to keep you all up to date on the process. Wahoooo!
                        Why $8,000 credit. Is not it $4,000 (federal) + $2,500 (UT) = $6,500 total credit?

Comment

Correct. The $8,000 federal credit is for medium-duty vehicle conversions (over 8500 GVWR). Light-duty get $4,000 or $2,500 depending on the emission standard the conversion is certified to.

Over 14,000 GVWR is $20,000
                          Then there is $32,000 for the really heavy stuff like buses, refuse trucks...

Comment

John,

Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Working...
                            X