Adding additional Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding additional Tanks

Hi, I've been looking into adding more tanks on my 98 f250. I was looking around online for some guides or instructions and cant find much. My questions are, if its a 3000 psi system can i buy some 3600 tanks to hook up and just fill to 3000? Is the hardware the same? Also what about the hoses etc? is there some type of a "T" to hook up additional tanks or? I found a few tanks and mounts ready to go but am not sure what will work. Any info would be great. Thanks a lot.

One last question. I looked online and found that the original tanks are suppose to hold 13.7 or 13.9 GGE. I have ran the truck nearly out of fuel to the point where the guage read empty as well as the pump said 0 psi. I was only able to put in about 10 gallons. Is the pump off or is the estimate for how much they hold? Thanks a lot
    Last edited by chevy_lifted_4x4; 08-14-2009, 08:17 PM.

Re: Adding additional Tanks

Originally posted by chevy_lifted_4x4 View Post
    I was looking around online for some guides or instructions and cant find much.
    There isn't any that are authoritatively step-by-step.
    My questions are, if its a 3000 psi system can i buy some 3600 tanks to hook up and just fill to 3000?
    Yes.
    Is the hardware the same? Also what about the hoses etc? is there some type of a "T" to hook up additional tanks or? I found a few tanks and mounts ready to go but am not sure what will work.
    I have general ideal of what needs to be done, but I will not speculate. cnghal or others can provide greater detail.
    One last question. I looked online and found that the original tanks are suppose to hold 13.7 or 13.9 GGE.
    Sounds like you just have the two factory tanks in the bed of the truck. Slow fill capacity is 11.9/gge and fast fill is 10.0/gge.

With the factory mid-ship extended range tank slung under the bed of the truck near the frame on the drivers side, slow fill is 16.4/gge and fast fill is 13.9/gge.

Hope that helps.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. Is there anywhere online where you can buy parts at? I've been looking everywhere.

Comment

Thanks John,
        Upgrading capacity or retanking to 3,600 psi is relatively easy, but can become relatively expensive. The system hardware (not the tanks) for the most part was rated to a normal operating of 3,750 psi and a max working pressure of 5,000 psi, the stainless has a burst pressure of 25,000 psi, so upgrading pressure hasn't been a problem. The increased capacity question usually comes down to truck use and money.
        I have fitted an F series with a 40 GGE three pack (3 x 13.7 GGEs @ 3,000 psi) that took up the whole bed. The owner used it as a daily driver and a tow vehicle so he didn't need his bed.
        I retanked one with a single 21 GGE @ 3,600 psi, Type 4 in the bed so the owner could still get 8 foot sheets of plywood on the bed with the tailgate down.
        I've seen one with a midship and a twin pack under the rear with no tanks in the bed.
        Like I said, it's all just a matter of preference.
        Pickups can be real easy to tank.

BTW, I still have enough tanks for one of those 40 GGE packs.

What parts are you looking for?
        Last edited by cnghal; 08-15-2009, 01:53 AM.
        Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

I'd need whatever hoses were necessary to add additional tanks. What all would I need?

Comment

Originally posted by chevy_lifted_4x4 View Post
            I'd need whatever hoses were necessary to add additional tanks. What all would I need?
            Take a look at the way I did it for my Crown Vic
            http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthr...extended+range

Comment

So I could get some 3600 psi tanks now and hook up to my existing 3000 system. Then later on I can replace my original tanks and the nozzle and then fill to 3600? Everything else should work? Where can I find the hoses to connect to multiple tanks? Thanks

Comment

If you need Tanks let me know, I have a bunch of them.

Comment

Working...
                X