questions about the 2002 ford f150 cng system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about the 2002 ford f150 cng system

i was wondering if this is an issue that is coming or if it is normal. when i run out of natural gas and it swithches over to gas it feels like you let off the gas for two to four seconds and then it kicks in and you are on gas. this is a new vehicle for me, is this normal the the system on the trucks? i have had a 99 cavalier and a 99 contour and you could definitly feel it more but it was an imediate switch. any help would be appriciated.

Re: questions about the 2002 ford f150 cng system

Originally posted by spork40 View Post
    ...when i run out of natural gas and it swithches over to gas it feels like you let off the gas for two to four seconds and then it kicks ...
    Sample of one model year 2000 F150: it's like your other bifuel experience, you can feel the switch when CNG runs low enough to switch over, but it doesn't take more than a fraction of a second to be running normally on gasoline
    2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
    Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
    Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
    Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

Should not take that long to switch over. Something may be amiss.

Comment

any ideas on what could be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by spork40 View Post
          any ideas on what could be wrong?
          A good cleaning of the compuvalve perhaps? I forget which model year Ford stopped using a compuvalve .. 02 or 03 ..

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Originally posted by jblue View Post
            A good cleaning of the compuvalve perhaps? I forget which model year Ford stopped using a compuvalve .. 02 or 03 ..
            Unfortunately, it was 2003 (as I have a 2002 F-150 with a compuvavle )

Comment

would another indication of the compuvalve being dirty or going bad be a popping noise? now when i start it on cng i can hear a popping noise coming from the engine, is this related?

Comment

Working...
              X