Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement gas cap for a 2000 Ford Contour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where I can get a replacement gas cap for a 2000 Ford Contour?

My CNG gas cap was stolen, anyone know where I can get a replacement and what the part number is?

Re: Anyone know where I can get a replacement gas cap for a 2000 Ford Contour?

When I made the same inquiry about 3 years ago at a Ford parts department, they showed me a blowup schematic - it is part of the whole tank fueling line, clamps, housing, etc. A mere $80 then! I didn't need the whole enchalada, and the cap is not listed as a separate part...
    So I went to Lowe's or Home Depor and searched the plumbing section. Found a black PVC drain pipe cap, glued a short piece of black PVC pipe into it for a spacer, then put some insulation tape around the perimeter to make it fit snug. Looked OK, and protected the inlet port.
    You might try that trick...
    '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
    '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
    FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

I make mine from a short peace of heater hose and a cut off bolt just cut the hose to where it fits overthe fitting and leaves a 1/2 inch hose sticking out and cut the end ove a bolt off and glue it in the hose than drill a 1/16 hole in the hose just below the plug so you can get it off I have also used a set screw with a allen head

Comment

I have one for $25.00 plus shipping.
        Mario
        Mario
        AAA CNG SYSTEMS
        CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Comment

Mario,

I've been unable to reach you via email.

It's been a month now, and we have still not received the CNG Contour cap. What is the status of the shipment?

Comment

i find them at the pick-a-part junkyard occasionally
            '01 Crown Vic

Comment

You can buy a brand new one from Staubli, but you have to buy the whole mounting pot. It's about $100 for the whole unit. I have 4 on the shelf already with no caps.

Ronnie Oldham
              Austin, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by CNGCARS View Post
                I have one for $25.00 plus shipping.
                Mario
                Mario,

I've repeatedly tried contacting you via email and not received any reply about refunding me my money or shipping me a gas cap.

Please send me my money back, I will find the gas cap from another source.

Comment

I contacted CNGCARS and he is in touch with echamberlain to get this sorted out. We will leave this thread open for a while in case anyone else has has a replacement gas cap or is looking for one. Discussions between CNGCars and echamberlain should continue directly off-board.

Comment

I mailed CNGCARS a check and never received a gas cap.

I should have just called the Ford dealer, fleet services can order one for about $35.

Comment

I have a cane tip on mine from the local drugstore. fits perfectly and works fine to keep out any debris and moisture..you might give this a try..they are only a couple bucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X