Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacity to small on my F250

Hello All,
    Does anyone know what it would take to change my 1999 dedicated cng ford f250 to run on both CNG and gas? It looks like I would need to fill the bed with tanks to get a usable range as a camper tow vehicle.
    Many thanks to everyone
    Toddnick

Re: Capacity to small on my F250

Welcom aboard Toddnick

Sorry disappoint you, but trying to make the PU bi-fuel is really not practical. Too much work and modification to the chassis to make it SMOG legal for gasoline. There is not way to modifiy the engine and computer system for bifuel except to swap in the system from a Ford bifuel truck or car and that means engine, both fuel systems, computers, compuvalve, and a good deal of wiring modification.

Go for the tanks if you have the room to spare

Larrycng

Comment

Go for the tanks or see if someone would be interested in trading a dedicated for a bi-fuel. I know it sounds unlikely, but I've met people who prefer a dedicated vehicle to a dual-fuel. Maybe put an ad in SLC Craigslist.
      www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

The dedicated installations seem to last longer, the bi fuelers are more usable in the real world.

I think your biggest conversion problem is the higher compression ratio in the dedicated engine- it probably would detonate with regular gasoline under load. Id guess the easiest way to solve your problem might be a trade or to buy a bifuel junker and salvage parts.

Comment

Originally posted by rtry9a View Post
            I think your biggest conversion problem is the higher compression ratio in the dedicated engine ...
            I think your biggest conversion problem is that is just wont work period.

To expand on what LarryCNG said .. everything about a dedicated Ford is just that, it is dedicated to burn CNG. The NGV timer, the NGV module that controls the firing of the injectors, the injectors themselves .. and the list goes on.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Working...
            X