where is the manual shut-off valve on F-150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is the manual shut-off valve on F-150

I hear a light gas leak from the compuvalve area of my bi-fuel F-150 and want to turn of the gas using the manual shut off valve (red handle), but cannot find it.
    It's a 2001 F-150 Bi-Fuel and reading some of the other posts I assume that I would need to pull a fuse to shut off the gas.
    On the underside on the left rail I can see the filter mounted but no 1/4 turn valve near or going back following the line right up to the T for the filling and tank.
    Thanks for any help for both locating the gas valve and any thoughts on the leak.

Re: where is the manual shut-off valve on F-150

I am not familiar with the ford bi-fuels, but it makes since to pull the fuse. Ford's use an electrical solenoid to open the tank valve(s) when the key is put in the on position.

Alternatively, you can disconnect the electrical connection at the tank.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Thanks. The leaking noise stopped after a couple of hours.
      And later (in day-light) I was able locate the leak, it is on the bottom side of the regulator. There is no line attached, but seems to be a screw in place.
      Would this be covered under the Ford warranty, I remember something about 80k miles or 8 years for Alt-fuel parts.

Comment

The manual shutoff is an allen wrench fitting on the tank valve (drivers side of the tank). You can also turn off the ignition to shut off the electronic valve at the tank.

Comment

I am about to change to O-ring on the set-screw of the Pressure regulator. Got 2 from the local ACE store. But do not know which would be best an O-ring of rubber or a regular gasket material. The O-ring fits better though, but have concerns about natural gas in contact with rubber.
          Anyone any ideas, what's best?

Comment

Working...
          X