filling all tanks on F250 dedicated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filling all tanks on F250 dedicated

Is there a shut off valve on the tanks on a dedicated 250. Do the tanks fill even if the head valve has no power to it? It has 2 tanks in the bed and 1 under truck. I dont know if it holds 10gge or 13gge. I'm can only put in 3 gge, The fuel gauge now reads full. what tank does the gauge get it's reading from. This truck was a daily driver for the Dallas area rapid transit, so they had an onsite fueling station.

Re: filling all tanks on F250 dedicated

Originally posted by airportac View Post
    Is there a shut off valve on the tanks on a dedicated 250.
    There are no manual shutoff valves on factory tanks. The factory tank valves are normally closed and use an electric solenoid to open them. That is the "clunk" that you hear if you do a key on, but no cranking.
    Do the tanks fill even if the head valve has no power to it? It has 2 tanks in the bed and 1 under truck. I dont know if it holds 10gge or 13gge.
    Yes, all tanks fill at the same time. The capacity for two tanks slow/fast is 11.9/10.0 gge, and for three tanks slow/fast is 16.4/13.9 gge.
    The fuel gauge now reads full. what tank does the gauge get it's reading from.
    The fuel gauge is a temperature compensating gauge that reads the pressure supplied by all of the tanks.

You can troubleshoot to see if your tanks are opening up by unplugging the electrical connection to all of the tanks. Then one at a time, plug the connections in and see if they a) open or "clunk" upon key on, and b) there is a sustained run time of the engine for several minutes on each tank.

The point of the normally closed tank valves is that they can be pressurized with no intervention, and should an accident occur, have them go back to a closed state mechanically.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by jblue; 06-24-2009, 12:17 AM.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Working...
    X