Spare Tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare Tank?

I have a 02 Crown Victoria CNG and it has install a Spare tank. Well I dont know how to switch from one tank to the other. Can anyone point me in the right direction? (no owners manual)

Re: Spare Tank?

Don't worry about switching tanks, parallel the new tank with the old tanks.
    In other words put a "T" in the high pressure line. Make sure the new tank has the same type electric valve as the factory Ford tanks.

You control the tank valve with the same circuit as the factory tanks. If there is a problem with factory electric system (fuses or relays) installa relay in the factory line for control of the relay coil and run a 12 volt wire, with fuse to power the valve on the new tank.

One other thought, if you use a new tank with a manual valve, PM me and I will tell you how to deal with the situation so that works like a factory system.

Larrycng

Comment

Thank you Larrycng....
      But i think i may have explained the situation wrong. I have 2 cng tanks already installed. I think one may be spare. I am trying to figure out how to switch from the main tank to utilize the spare. I dont know much about electrical circuits, so do these vehicle have like a switch in the cabin to change from tank to tank as you drive? And would you know where i can obtain a owners guide to my 2002 ford crown vic cng?

I appreciate your response.

Comment

A standard capacity cng crown vic has 4 factory tanks. 2 up high in the trunk and 2 smaller ones above the rear axle , under the car. The extended range version has even more tanks. All are connected together when the key is on.

Look on e-bay for a manual. They come up from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakewood90712 View Post
          Look on e-bay for a manual. They come up from time to time.
          Specifically, look for a Ford OEM manual.

Like this one, for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230350252268

and it that is a really good price too ..

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Working...
          X