1999 Contour Green Light Won't Come On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Contour Green Light Won't Come On

I have a 1999 Contour with less than 70,000 miles.

It was running on CNG up until I thought I ran out of CNG and now the tank refuses to accept any refills.

The tank valve clicks when I key-up.

When I turn on the ignition, the green light in the switch tests out with the rest of the IP lights, however it does not stay lit.

Is this the behavior of a Contour that is out of CNG or is something broken?

Does anyone know where the tank pressure switch is located?

My Contour is for sale. I paid $3250 + $400 shipping. I would love to have someone buy it in anticipation of the "cask for clunkers" bill. I will take a loss.

Re: 1999 Contour Green Light Won't Come On

See if your OBD computer is generating a fault code first.

Next, you may want to get a copy of an OEM service manual:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370203377268

For my dedicated vehicles, the OEM service manuals are the way to go.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Well after my son Ross could not fill it twice in Grand Rapids and once in Muskegon, and after my son Rob could not fill it in Melvindale, I tried to fill it in Taylor and it filled 4.3 GGE and ran fine.

Mysterious.

The crazy thing is that when the car is dead out of CNG, the fuel gauge does not read empty!!!! It just switches to gasoline and reads the gasoline level.

I am still willing to sell it. Make an offer. I beg you.

Comment

Originally posted by DiamondsRaGirlsBestFriend View Post
        The crazy thing is that when the car is dead out of CNG, the fuel gauge does not read empty!!!! It just switches to gasoline and reads the gasoline level.
        Correct, that is a design feature not a glitch.
        I am still willing to sell it. Make an offer. I beg you.
        Check your PM.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Working...
        X