F-150 GFI CNG questions/help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-150 GFI CNG questions/help

I just bought a 2001 CNG/Gas F-150. The dealership (Honda) didn't even know it was CNG, they sold it listed as a duel tank- It has the "N" on the title in the fuel block. No CNG sticker on the back but you would think they check this kind of stuff.

The problem... When I switch to alt fuel I get no indication. I did some checking under the hood and found a blown 5A fuse by the battery. I replaced the fuse. When I started the truck the RPM's went up about 200, that remains constant until I remove the fuse or turn the truck off. When I turn it back on the idle is normal, if I remove the fuse and put it back in the idle increases. The fuse isn't blowing, at least not yet.

I know almost nothing about CNG other than it makes sense. I am mechanically inclined but have never worked on these systems. Some of the questions I have:
    How do I know if my tank is empty, short of finding a purge valve?
    Where can I find wiring/installation documents?
    Does anyone recommend a repair center in San Diego?
    Do I qualify for any of the "tax breaks" being that the vehicle is used?

Any help and/or starting points are appreciated.

Re: F-150 GFI CNG questions/help

Originally posted by jpenhead View Post
    Any help and/or starting points are appreciated.
    First, you need to see if the OBD computer is generating any codes. Based upon those, you can begin to troubleshooting.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Re: F-150 GFI CNG questions/help

If the title shows an 'N', you have a very good chance in getting the HOV sticker. Once you applied it will take at least 2 months. At least that long I waited when I applied for my Bi-Fueled F150, which also had an 'N' in the MP section.
      Sorry cannot help you with the technical issues.

Comment

Working...
      X