Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96 and 2000 F150 CNG parts interchangable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 and 2000 F150 CNG parts interchangable?

I have a 2000 F-150 dedicated CNG that is missing all of the CNG tanks, CNG fuel filler connector and hoses.

I found a 96 CNG f-150 parts donor, does anyone know if these parts are interchangable with my 2000 model?

Also if anyone has a line on the parts that I need please let me know.

Re: 96 and 2000 F150 CNG parts interchangable?

As far as the main components are concerned yes you make it work. BOTH must be dedicated trucks. the fuel rails and tank mounting may require a little modification nothing crazy or dangerous.
    Last edited by notdeadyet; 05-08-2009, 06:45 AM.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, when you say “you make it work” does that mean that it doesn’t bolt right up and plug right in? Also I was wondering are the connectors that plug up to the tanks going to fit and work the same? Also will the tanks off a 96 CNG ford F-250, the two in bed tanks and underneath tank, along with the re-fuel valve be able to plug right up without any modifications? If they require modifications do you know what they will be?

Comment

Are they both 3600 psi systems? The 1996 may be a 3000 psi system which will limit you in your 2000 F150.

Comment

I have the parts you need on ebay let me know if you wont them and ill end the auction thanks

Comment

Yes I want them, but first how much did you want for them and how far away from los angeles are you?

Comment

On the cylinder label you should be able to find the working PSI 3000 or 3600.
              If they all match you won't have any problems switching things around. The stainless tube for your fill nozzle will also have a yellow tag indicating the working pressure. All of the connectors are in fact the same.

Comment

Working...
              X