What does a blinking switch mean on an F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a blinking switch mean on an F150

On my friend's 2001 F150, the light blinks green on the switch. It will not run on CNG. Not sure what this light means and I knew this was the place to find out.

Re: What does a blinking switch mean on an F150

The blinking is a code like morse code. You can get it from the supplemental service manual or tell us what it is and we might be able to figure it out. I believe that system has 5 different code references. Probably the computer though. By the by did you put CNG into it?
    2009 GX
    2000 K2500
    2002 Cavalier
    1998 Contour
    Phill powered by solar power

Comment

He says it is a continuous blinking light.

Comment

If the system is a Compuvalve system the blinking light means that there is no comunication between the OEM computor and the Compuvalve, Most common mistakes are unpluging the unit while battery power is still present. Check for shorted wiring around the a/c accumulator or corosion on the main harness that plugs in to the Compuvalve

Comment

I agree a continuous light indicates that there is no communication with the compuvalve. Check all connectors + wiring especially the J36 connector at the compuvalve. There is also another connector under the dash that connects the compuvalve to the main EEC.
          2009 GX
          2000 K2500
          2002 Cavalier
          1998 Contour
          Phill powered by solar power

Comment

Working...
          X