Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2000 Contour may get totaled, I need recent sale price info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2000 Contour may get totaled, I need recent sale price info.

I had a guy trying to parallel park, back along the rear passenger door and quarter panel of my 2000 Contour tonight.

I'm concerned that the insurance company is going to try and treat the bi-fuel like a regular Contour and come back and total the vehicle.

Does anyone have any recent (last 90 days) pricing info they can share? California sales info would be ideal.

It's a 2000 Ford Contour with 80,000 miles.

If they do total the vehicle, any ideas for a salvage value? It runs fine on CNG, has original compuvalve and tanks.

Re: My 2000 Contour may get totaled, I need recent sale price info.

Originally posted by echamberlain View Post
    I had a guy trying to parallel park, back along the rear passenger door and quarter panel of my 2000 Contour tonight.

I'm concerned that the insurance company is going to try and treat the bi-fuel like a regular Contour and come back and total the vehicle.

Does anyone have any recent (last 90 days) pricing info they can share? California sales info would be ideal.

It's a 2000 Ford Contour with 80,000 miles.

If they do total the vehicle, any ideas for a salvage value? It runs fine on CNG, has original compuvalve and tanks.
    Ouch, I had a similar experience a couple of years back, Now I make suure my insurance company know they are alternative fuel vehicles and want replacement of OEM. I don't want a Civic LX in place of my GX. BAd news is a 2000 contour is black booked at about $1500.00.
    2009 GX
    2000 K2500
    2002 Cavalier
    1998 Contour
    Phill powered by solar power

Comment

I had this with my Caravan couple of years ago. I gave AAA lots of info, Thanks for those who helped. AAA did not care or use any info all of the comparisons they used had over 200,000 miles on them. I settled for $1,200 and no total. We still are diving the van today.

Comment

Insurance companies don't have enough information usually. How ever if the impact did not go into your cylinder zone repairing the damage should only be around 12 to 1500.00. which I think you can get.

Comment

The repair bill came in at $1300 and they are not going to total it. Now I get to deal with the other driver and getting his insurance to pay to fix my car.

Comment

"The repair bill came in at $1300..."

Just out of curiosity, does that include having the CNG system checked out or was it not affected by the side crunch?
            '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
            '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
            FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

The accident was a low-speed scrape down the passenger side and the fill port is on the driver side.

I haven't got the CNG system inspected, should I?

Comment

Working...
              X