X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRodri
    replied
    Re: 98 F-150 possible problems

ok well i looked up a replacement engine and it wasnt from that site but it costs around 2500 for a ng engine. would that be the kind of engine that i would want or would it be the gasoline. i don't know if it is dedicated or not. i will find that out this coming wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• karlhafen
    replied
    Re: 98 F-150 possible problems

The 5.4 is an interference engine (valves hit the pistons when the cam timing is off far enough). I would look for a salvage yard engine on car-part.com. You need to get the correct engine for the truck. The engines are not interchangeable.

Since this truck has 3 tanks I wonder if it is a dedicated. The 8th digit of the vin will tell you. If it is a "z" it is bi fuel, if it is "m" it is dedicated.

It is common for overhead cam engines to seize the cam and break the timing chain if the engine has been run out of oil.

Leave a comment:

• BRodri
    started a topic 98 F-150 possible problems

98 F-150 possible problems

ok so i found a guy who is interested in selling a bi-fuel f150 he is selling it for 1500 it has three tanks in it at 150000 miles it has the 5.4 liter engine in it. the engine has broken it's timing chain. i have a few questions. is it worth the price. i mean i am very handy working on engines just not sure how much i am willing to put in to it. also since it broke the timing chain couldn't the engine be locked up? if the engine is locked up could i take out the engine that is in it right now and replace it with a new one and just change the parts over to that engine to make it cng. right now i am driving a 91 bifuel chevy. with 260,000 miles on it and it is just becoming to much of a hassle to maintain. any info help or remarks are greatly appreciated.
Working...
X