Need some F 150 advice please.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some F 150 advice please.....

I am going to pick up a 2001 F-150 but need some advice. What do I need to do to make sure the CNG system works before I hand over my cash???? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hear they have compuvalve problems and I want to make sure it's functioning before driving off. I have a 2000 CNG Cavalier and if the truck runs half as good as the car, I will be very happy.

Re: Need some F 150 advice please.....

Originally posted by boomr View Post
    I am going to pick up a 2001 F-150 but need some advice. What do I need to do to make sure the CNG system works before I hand over my cash???? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hear they have compuvalve problems and I want to make sure it's functioning before driving off. I have a 2000 CNG Cavalier and if the truck runs half as good as the car, I will be very happy.
    There is a switch on the left-hand side of the dash between the door and the steering wheel that says: "alt-fuel". When enabled it should illuminate a green LED and the truck should run whilst the LED is illuminated.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

So the light is green when it is running on CNG? What color is it on gasoline? Does this bulb burn out very easily?

Comment

When the switch is in the up position and the green light is on, it's running on CNG. If the switch is still up and the light turns off, it has switched over to gasoline. (kind of the opposite of the light on the switch in the Cavalier) The fuel gauge will indicate the level of whatever fuel you are running on. I've never seen the light burned out on a Ford Truck. If the light is out I wouldn't buy it until you get a chance to put some CNG in it and make sure the truck runs well on it.

If you're still unsure about which fuel it's running on you can always go sniff the exhaust. If it's running on gasoline you'll choke, if it's on CNG it's like a warm humidifier.
        www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Working...
        X