Contour Engine Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contour Engine Needed

My 98 Bi-Fuel Contour's engine just died at about 55,000 miles. The camshaft turns but there is no compression - lower half not turning. Does anyone have any leads to a used engine? I would also be very willing to part with the car if anyone needs / wants a good parts car. Located in Utah

Re: Contour Engine Needed

Might want to make sure that the timing belt just hasn't lost a few teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by psevans10 View Post
      My 98 Bi-Fuel Contour's engine just died at about 55,000 miles. The camshaft turns but there is no compression - lower half not turning. Does anyone have any leads to a used engine? I would also be very willing to part with the car if anyone needs / wants a good parts car. Located in Utah
      You must have that backwards. The lower half (crankshaft) is what is connected to starter. The top half (cam shaft) is connected to the crankshaft via the timing belt. If you broke a timing belt the camshaft will not turn and the crankshaft will. Anyway, that's pretty low mileage for an engine failure.
      My Contour is up to 147K miles and still running strong on the original engine and transmission. If it is a timing belt issue, you should be able to repair it. Otherwise try some salvage yards and see what a used engine might cost.

Comment

Lynn's auto in Murray Utah found me the best price on a used contour engine with 6 month warranty. These people have been GREAT helping with me with other mechanical problems also. 801 265-8748. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you change the intake manifold can you use a regular contour motor.

Comment

If your looking to keep a contour going, I have a 1997 contour Bifuel with a 1 year old compuvalve, new transmission & transmission computer, and new tires. I've bought a new car and I'm selling the contour. If you're interested check out my ad on cars.com.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=310038200

The regulator has a leak, but the rest of the cng works fine. infact it starts and runs on cng but you can smell a little bit of gas. You could maybe put your regulator in it and keep your car as a parts car, or transfer what you like to your car and use mine for parts. I'd wiggle on the price to keep another cng on the road.

Jim Craig
          801-698-6798

Comment

Working...
          X