Is Compuvalve a bi-fuel issue only ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Compuvalve a bi-fuel issue only ?

I have a 2003 Crown Victoria dedicated CNG that is misfiring after having filled up at the Burbank fuel depot (Clean Energy). I assuming that my injectors have been clogged with oil but want to rule out the "Compuvalve" issue, isn't this for bi-fuel cars only ?

Re: Is Compuvalve a bi-fuel issue only ?

I don't think so. I think there's one in every Ford with factory CNG.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

Originally posted by p71 View Post
      .. but want to rule out the "Compuvalve" issue, isn't this for bi-fuel cars only ?
      Correct. The Compuvalve is used for delivery of CNG to the engine as opposed to petrol via the fuel injectors as most people know fuel injectors to be.

Thus, dedicated Ford's do not need a compuvalve.
      Last edited by jblue; 03-17-2009, 03:55 PM.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Newer CNG engines use injectors. Older ones are like carbureted systems (except the fuel is already gaseous) which include problematic components like the Compuvalve (Ford) and the Gas Mass Flow Sensor (GM).
        02 GX
        01 GX
        03 Crown Vic
        06 GX
        Home Fueler

Comment

Originally posted by freedml View Post
          Newer CNG engines use injectors. Older ones are like carbureted systems (except the fuel is already gaseous) which include problematic components like the Compuvalve (Ford) and the Gas Mass Flow Sensor (GM).
          I think the point is that since the OP clearly described his car as a *dedicated* CNG that any problems that might be caused by a Compuvalve is a non-issue because dedicated Fords do not have a Compuvalve.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Thanks, one and all for the help with my question.

Comment

Working...
            X